Briefly review the overall structure of the exercises; take note of the files wherein most time will be spent; and highlight a few other points of interest you may wish to peruse independent of this course.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can download them to your desktop. Each video that has an exercise will be given its own folder. Within one video's folder, we'll have a Begin folder and an End folder. The Begin folder contains all the code at the start of the video. And the End folder contains all the code at the end of the video after we've made our edits. Several of the intermediate artifacts that are needed for building are not included in these files.
They will either be downloaded from the internet by Visual Studio or regenerated by Visual Studio when you compile the solution. If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay. I encourage you to still follow along as we go through the course. Now, let's get started.
- Building a single-file application
- Two-way messaging
- Heartbeating to detect disconnects
- Broadcasting messages using publish/subscribe
- Combining one-way and two-way messaging channels
- Troubleshooting your app
- Designing and evolving protocols