WPF use a template system to define UI for controls and data. When a custom template is available, WPF replaces the default UI with the templated interface. This tutorial demonstrates some example templates that radically change the control appearance.
- [Narrator] One of my favorite features…of WPF is known as the control template.…Here's the idea: somebody builds a control.…It could be Microsoft, it could be you,…it could be your developer team.…And when you create the control, you define its behavior…and you also define its appearance.…And you put the appearance in what's known as a…default template, and then when that control is shown…on the screen, it uses your default look.…Now, these controls, they can be buttons,…sliders, check boxes, text blocks,…it could be a progress bar, things like that.…
These controls all have a default template.…The nice thing about these templates is that…you don't have to use the default.…You can replace it with your own template.…So you define, like, separate templates…and then you can apply that.…And there's a couple ways you can do that.…You can use a style.…You'll be able to style and inside the style you define…a control template or the other thing you can do is just…grid, what's known as a control template.…In this example I have on the screen, I've got some buttons.…
- Recognize the pluses of choosing Windows Presentation Foundations over other Microsoft UI frameworks.
- Evaluate the different options available with Windows Presentation Foundation project types.
- Devise a Windows Presentation Foundation project in Visual Studio.
- Break down the assemblies and parts of Windows Presentation Foundations.
- Use XAML editor and editor settings.
- Selecting data binding to present data.
- Compiling interaction code for an application.
- Use control templates, 3D parts, and effects in Windows Presentation Foundations.
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
2. Create a WPF Application
3. Create the UI
4. Examples and Concepts
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.