The GoTo tool window is a combination of the old GoTo Line and NavigateTo tools. Learn more how this new tool window searches the solution for files, types, members, and line numbers and supports filters to quickly limit the result list.
- [Voiceover] I don't know about you…but when I'm working on a project…especially a medium or large sized project…I sometimes need help finding the file…or the type or the class…that I'm looking for.…I'm grateful that Visual Studio…has a number of tools…to make my life easier.…And I'll show you what I'm talking about.…You can go to the project…press F5, you'll get this dialogue.…The find and replace dialogue.…Or if you're in a file…and you do control F…you get a little tool window…that let's you look inside this document.…
So, if I look for the word title.…You can see it's highlighted inside the file.…It's currently scoped for the current document…but I can expand the scope by using this drop down.…Also the solution explorer…has this search box at the top.…So if I type in a string like this and press enter,…it's filtering down my view…of the solution explorer…to just the items that have that text.…Now these features have been around…for several versions of Visual Studio.…What I want to talk about today…in this video…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.