The Go To tool window is a combination of the old Go To Line and Navigate To tools. This new tool window searches the solution for files, types, members, and line numbers, and supports filters to quickly limit the result list.
- [Instructor] I don't know about you,…but when I'm working on a project,…especially a medium or a large sized project,…I sometimes need help finding the file…or the type or the class that I'm looking for.…I'm grateful that Visual Studio…has a number of tools to make my life easier.…And I'll show you what I'm talking about.…You can go to the project, press F3.…You'll get this dialog, the Find and Replace dialog.…Or if you're in a file, and you do Control F,…you get a little tool window that lets you…look inside this document.…
So if I look for the word 'title',…you can see it's highlighted inside the file.…It's currently scoped with a current document,…but I can expand the scope by using this dropdown.…Also, the Solution Explorer has this search box at the top.…So if I type in a string like this…and press enter, it's filtering down my view…of the Solution Explorer to just the items…that have that text.…Now these features have been around…for several versions of Visual Studio.…What I want to talk about today…in this video, is a Go To feature.…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover visualizing code and markup with structure guidelines in Visual Studio 2017; refactor enhancements in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017; smart peek options; and CodeMap in Visual Studio 2017.
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.