This chapter looks at using Azure SQL databases in Visual Studio. To work with Azure, you need to have a valid Azure subscription. This tutorial looks at how to sign up for a free Azure account.
- [Voiceover] In this chapter,…I'm working with Azure SQL Databases.…That means that I need to have an Azure login account.…If you're following along, you'll need…an Azure login account, too.…If you don't have one, they're easy to create,…and you can get a free account.…I'm on the azure.microsoft.com website.…This is what the page looks like…this week, while I'm visiting.…It may look the same, or you may have a different look,…depending on how many months after I recorded…this course you're watching it.…To get my free account,…I'll click on the Start Free button.…
Read more about Azure, I can get $200 in credits,…I can buy an account, I can call the sales department,…all the things that Microsoft wants you to know about this.…But, for today, we're just gonna…click on that Start Now button.…That'll take you to the login screen,…where you'll enter your login…credentials for your Microsoft account.…If you don't have a Microsoft account,…you'll need to create one of those, too.…I'm assuming you have one, you'll enter your…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/23/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: installing the SSDT features and why LocalDB is essential for developers.
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.