Each markup editor has a set of configurable rules that control the formatting of the markup. Walt shows the key setting available for the XAML editor.
- In this video, I'll look at the format rules…for the XAML editor.…XAML, if you are not familiar with it,…is the favorite markup language for defining…user interfaces of Microsoft frameworks…like WPF, Silverlight, and the Windows 10 Universal apps.…The markup I'm looking at is here in this…RulesforXaml project, in this MainWindow.xaml file.…When I double click on this in Visual Studio,…Visual Studio will open a designer window…that has its top half is designer window,…and the bottom half is the XAML editor.…
For this demonstration purpose, I'd like to make…the XAML editor larger, so I'll drag this split bar…up near the top so we can see more of the markup…on the bottom half of the page.…I'll also set the font size to 120%.…So this is what XAML looks like.…Each one of these tags represents a .NET class,…so there's a Window class,…there's a Grid class,…there's a Button class,…and the Button class is inside the Grid,…and the Grid is inside the Window.…
So it's a lot like other markup languages…like HTML and XML.…And, of course, I can control how the layout happens…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.