Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editors.
- [Instructor] In an earlier movie in this chapter,…I looked at the formatting rules for Visual Basic.…What I want to look at in this movie…is some of the enhancements you'll find…in Visual Studio 2017,…at least as it applies to the Tools Options dialog…for the text editor.…What I've got showing here on this screen is…on the left side is Visual Studio 2015,…and on the right side is Visual Studio 2017.…Now I've got the Tools Options dialog open…in both Visual Studios.…So over here, you can see in the Basic node,…there is a Code Style here that just has three items in it.…
Over on the 2017 version, you'll see that Code Style…has a General and a Naming section.…Now the idea behind code styles is that you can…define a set of rules on how you name variables,…or interfaces, or how you work with code,…for instance whether you prefer field access with me…or do not prefer using the me keyword.…You can define these code styles and then…Visual Studio will monitor your code,…and when it finds that you're violating that style,…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover visualizing code and markup with structure guidelines in Visual Studio 2017; refactor enhancements in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017; smart peek options; and CodeMap in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.