Each markup editor has a set of configurable rules that control the formatting of the markup. Walt shows the key setting available for the HTML and XML editor.
- In this video, I'll look at the format rules for…the HTML and XML markup editor.…I'm including both languages in this video…because they have similar rules.…To review the basics of code formatting,…each code editor has a set of rules that it…follows when you invoke the format document command.…Some of these rules are configurable.…I'm working in this project here.…This Rules for Web project, this is an…ASP.NET MBC application, and I'll be looking at…the HTML in this Views folder in the Home folder.…
There are three razor templates in here.…The files that end with .cshtml.…Here's some of the HTML in this Index file.…There's also a plain HTML file named Example.…The format rules work exactly…the same in either file format.…I'll be using the Example.html file.…There's also an XML file in this document…named Fleet.xml that I'll be using later.…I'll return back to Example.html,…and we'll talk about these tags.…
You probably know this if you watch…any of the other videos in this chapter,…to invoke the format document command,…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover visualizing code and markup with structure guidelines in Visual Studio 2017; refactor enhancements in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017; smart peek options; and CodeMap in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.