Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 05 Code Editors.
- [Instructor] Earlier in this chapter,…I looked at the format rules for C# code,…and while I was looking at those format rules,…I looked at some of the options in the Tools Options dialog…for the C# text editor.…What I want to do in this video is look at…some of the enhancements and changes…in the Tools Options dialog in Visual Studio 2017.…And to do that, I've got Visual Studio 2015…on the left side of the screen,…and on the right side of the screen,…I've got Visual Studio 2017.…First thing I want to look at…is some of the changes in the Advanced section.…
You'll notice that in 2015 there's two items in Outlining.…This is for drawing procedure line separators…and doing what's called outlining, which is where…when you open a file, certain sections of your code…will be collapsed like an outline in a Word document,…and then you can open those sections of code.…The main difference here in 2017…is there's a lot more options for when you do outlining,…for showing outlining for declaration level constructs,…or showing outlining for comments and preprocessor regions.…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover visualizing code and markup with structure guidelines in Visual Studio 2017; refactor enhancements in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017; smart peek options; and CodeMap in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.