Learn how to generate a random number in this video.
- [Instructor] I think we've done a fairly good job…at this point of covering a lot…of the basic techniques that you use in C# programming.…And really, you probably already noticed this,…but it's not different on the Mac versus the PC.…The language itself is the same,…just the workflow is different.…There is one last thing that I want to show you…in terms of basics,…and that's how to do flow control.…As it turns out, we've actually already done…a lot with flow control, I just didn't call it out.…
But it is one of the most basic building blocks…of any program, so let's cover it formally.…Flow control gives you a way…to branch off your application,…and have it perform different tasks…based on the value of some expression.…In order to demonstrate this,…I'm going to create a method that will go through…and figure out, based on the scores that you rolled,…what the best class for your character might be.…If you remember, almost all of the attributes…contributes to a good, strong character.…
But generally speaking, you're going to have scores…
AuthorBruce Van Horn
- Exploring C# on a Mac
- Creating a reusable code library
- Classes and properties
- Loops, arrays, and lists
- Creating a console app
- Creating a command-line app
- Creating a Mac desktop app
- Creating a UI with view controllers and actions
Skill Level Beginner
1. C# on the Mac?
2. Getting Started with C#
3. Deeper into C#
4. Creating a Mac App
Next steps3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.