Learn about the enhancements in the Find All References tool window. It provides a colorized list of existing type references and provides grouping, filtering, sorting, searching, within reference results.
- [Instructor] You're working in your code,…and you're looking at this book class,…and you want to know how many parts of your code base…reference this class, which at this time…is only in the Enterprise edition.…If you are in the class itself,…like I'm in the book class right now,…and I'm in a version of Visual Studio…that supports code blends,…you can see that information here.…You can see there's six references.…But if I'm in a consumer,…let's say I'm over here in this XMAL file.…
I'll go to the code behind for the XMAL file,…and I'm seeing the book referenced here…as a variable type, there's no way…to get a code lens for that.…There's a way to look up the references anywhere…by right clicking and choosing find all references,…or choosing shift F12.…That opens this window.…It's called the find references window,…and you'll see that it says book references, now.…It's telling me that's what I last searched for,…that's the type that I searched for.…This window has been in Visual Studio for several versions.…
There are a lot of improvements, however.…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.