Learn how the Extension and Updates windows supports batching of operations, making it easy to install, update, or remove multiple extensions at the same time.
- [Instructor] Visual Studio is an extendable…developer environment.…That means that third parties and other developers…can create additional tools and features for Visual Studio.…The extension tools are not new, but there are some changes…in how the extension manager handles installing…and updating extensions.…The first change to note is the new placement…of the extensions and updates menu.…Now it is displayed at the top of the tools menu.…To see the changes in this dialogue, I'll start by…adding a new extension to Visual Studio.…
I'll go to the online section, then I'll pick this…file icons extension and click on the download button.…Next is a brief appearance of the download progress screen.…The change is apparent on the bottom of the dialogue,…read this message down here, it says your changes…will be scheduled, the selected installs, updates,…and uninstalls will begin when all…Microsoft Visual Studio windows are closed.…This means that rather than to install one extension…then restart Visual Studio to complete the install,…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.