Most modern software programming environments are chock full of developer specific tools. The really successful environments provide extension points, meaning other developers can enhance the environment. Therefore, new features can be added or existing tools can be improved at any time. Visual studio provides may extension points, and this tutorial provides an overview of the extension areas.
- [Voiceover] Most modern software programming environments…are chalk-full of developer specific tools.…Each new release of the tool…provides feature enhancements and tool updates.…The really successful tools go even further.…They are extensible;…meaning other developers can enhance the environment.…Therefore new features can be added…or existing tools can be improved at any time.…The super successful tools make the extension framework…easy to work with so any developer can jump in…and extend the tool.…I believe that Visual Studio falls into this last category.…
There are a number of extension points in Visual Studio 2015…I'll be talking about them as I go through this course.…Here's a preview of where you can find some of them.…All new projects in Visual Studio…are based on project templates.…There are hundreds of default templates…so you are likely to find one for your new project.…If not, don't fret.…Custom templates are available…so your team or third parties can create templates…that match common project types.…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.