This video looks a four Visual Studio WPF project templates; Desktop App, Browser App, Custom Control Library and User Control library.
- [Narrator] Visual Studio ships with…four WPF project templates,…each one optimized for creating…a certain type of WPF component.…You'll find them in the new project dialogue.…If you're a visual basic developer,…you'll find them in the Windows node,…in the classic desktop node,…and here you'll find the four items.…WPF Application, WPF Browser Application,…WPF Custom Control Library,…and WPF User Control Library.…
If you preferred a code in C sharp,…you'll find them over here in the same section,…and they have the same names.…This first item, WPF Application,…is the standard WPF desktop type.…This is the most likely project type you'll create…for your applications.…There's also one called WPF Browser Application,…which is sometimes called the XAML browser application,…and because of the XMAL browser application,…it also has an abbreviation called XBAP.…So X for XAML, and then BAP for browser application.…
XBAPs combine features of both web applications…and rich client applications.…Like web applications, you can take your XBAP…
- Recognize the pluses of choosing Windows Presentation Foundations over other Microsoft UI frameworks.
- Evaluate the different options available with Windows Presentation Foundation project types.
- Devise a Windows Presentation Foundation project in Visual Studio.
- Break down the assemblies and parts of Windows Presentation Foundations.
- Use XAML editor and editor settings.
- Selecting data binding to present data.
- Compiling interaction code for an application.
- Use control templates, 3D parts, and effects in Windows Presentation Foundations.
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Create a WPF Application
3. Create the UI
4. Examples and Concepts
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.