Relational databases have a long history in the software world. Microsoft has a several relational DB's available. The most popular one is SQL Server, it has many versions and specialized editions. This video looks at some of the common Microsoft databases provides details about each edition.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Developers have an interesting relationship…with databases.…We prefer to write code…but often have to deal with databases to get our data.…That's because most software applications…have some data store or data layer.…The persistence part of the data layer…is usually a database.…Relational databases have a long history…in the software world.…Microsoft has several relational databases available.…The most popular one is SQL Server.…It's got many versions and specialized editions.…In this video,…I'll look at some the common Microsoft databases.…
There are many versions of SQL Server Standard Edition.…It's been a popular database system…since the early 1990s.…The three recent versions of SQL Server are 2012,…2014 and 2016.…The Standard version is the core database system.…There are also specialized versions of SQL Server…optimized for various scenarios.…For example, the Enterprise edition…supports database clusters…and working with huge databases…in the 600 petabyte range.…Then there is the Web edition…intended for use in a web hosting environment.…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.