Once the EDM is generated in a Visual Studio project it can be opened in the Entity Framework Designer. This tutorial looks at the files added to a project by the Entity Framework wizard and explores the three main windows of the designer.
- [Voiceover] When you create a model…using the Entity Frameworks Model Wizard,…several changes happen to your project.…One of the changes is inside this app config file.…When I was running the wizard,…it asked me to name a connection.…That connection is here in…the connections string section of this XML file…and the name I chose was NorthwindV13Entities.…So this defines all the information necessary…to connect to my database.…The other change in the project…is the addition of this EDMX file.…This file defines the shape of your entities…and how they map to the database.…
Visual Studio associates several other files…with this EDMX file.…You can see them here when I pop open this node.…There's two files that end with TT,…that stands for T for templates.…There's a C sharp file.…There is a XML file with a diagram extension on it.…And then there are some other hidden files…if you pop open this other node,…you'll see there's a C sharp file.…And down here you'll see my model C sharp files.…So these are the classes that represent…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/23/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: installing the SSDT features and why LocalDB is essential for developers.
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.