Excel has a very rich API surface. In this video we'll look at the Excel-specific API.
- [Instructor] In this chapter we're going to look at Excel.…In some ways this offers the richest possibilities…for extension because we can use it to drive…some very sophisticated data driven solutions…and powerful graphics.…In addition we have the option to create custom functions…which we'll look at later.…If we go to dev.office.com and find our way…to the getting started or the quick start for Excel…and I'm going to go to build your first Excel add-in…and it actually gives us a number of choices.…
Do I want to use Angular, jQuery, React, or Vue.…It's quite interesting, if I choose React…you can see it's sending me down the path…of using npm to install the generator and so on.…So if I go down this path I'm using…the modern web development tool chain.…Alternatively, if we back up and look at jQuery,…you'll see that it's recommending Visual Studio.…
There's another tab here that says…for going down the npm route,…but we can use Visual Studio and create the add-in that way.…And that's the way the tutorial,…or one of the options for setting up this tutorial.…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
Office 365: Administration (2017)with David Elfassy2h 49m Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.