Examine the products section of the Visual Studio Installer and see how it supports installing the Community, Professional, and Enterprise editions.
- [Instructor] Now that I've downloaded the installer…to my downloads folder I'll find the executable…and double-click on it to run the installer.…Click on this continue button.…This is the screen for the new streamlined installer,…which is a major rewrite of the installer…from previous visual studio editions.…Later in this course I'll dig deeper…into the installer improvements.…Right now in this video I want to talk…about the fact that this is a universal installer.…
When you first open this installer,…you see this installing screen…and there's a number of details I'll talk about later.…What I want you to see here is that…if I close this top window,…if I close this top window,…it takes me back to this screen,…which we didn't see when we started the installer,…which is called the product screen.…The interesting thing here is that…even though I downloaded the enterprise installer,…you can see that I can use this…to install any of the three editions.…This is the enterprise edition,…here's the community edition, and down…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.