Most developers strive to maintain a consistent code convention in their software projects. Visual Studio 2017 adds a new Code Style options page for C# and Visual Basic editors. It analyzes your code and provides feedback to enforce coding conventions on your team.
- [Narrator] Having a consistent coding style…across developers and across projects…is a common goal on development teams.…It's helpful if you can have a tool…analyze your code and…tell you when you're not meeting your coding styles.…Visual Studios had different tools…over the years to handle this,…and they've added a new feature…in the tools options called Code Styles.…You can see it here in the text editor…for C# called Code Style.…Right here.…And there's several settings.…There's general and naming.…I'll just concentrate on the general section.…
I do have a warning…on the build I'm using,…occasionally when I make the changes here…they don't update…and I find that sometimes…I have to restart Visual Studio to see the changes.…So what you see here is the description of the code rule,…your preference what you would prefer,…and what kind of message you'd like to receive…in Visual Studio.…So you can have ignored,…which means none.…Don't tell me about this code style warning.…Give me a suggestion,…give me a warning,…or give me an error.…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.