This video shows some of the enhance XAML editor features. See the IntelliSense filtering; where the completion list only displays types that match. Also see the Structure Visualizer.
- [Instructor] I'll look at some of the additional…productivity enhancements that are available…in the editor.…For this example I have Visual Studio 2015…on the right side of the screen,…and Visual Studio 2017 on the left side of the screen.…I'll start by looking at a feature called Intellisense…Filtering, which will limit what you see in…the dropdown list based on what you've typed.…This is the way it works in the old version.…I've got the foreground value and I want to…see another light color, so I'll type in "Lig"…and you'll see there's a lot of choices,…I'm thinking of using this goldenrod yellow color,…but you'll notice that the Intellisense list…shows all the colors; whereas if I go over here…to Visual Studio 2017 and type in "Lig",…I get only the colors that have the word light in it.…
Same thing if I type in blue here, I just get…the colors that have blue in it; whereas over here…there is no additional filtering happening.…This works for all these properties.…Example here is this FontWeight "Black",…type in Bl, I get black selected but all…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.