The MsSqlServerLocalDB utility is part of the SQL Server Express LocalDB installation. This tutorial looks at where to find the utility and how to use it to learn what versions of LocalDB are installed on a computer. It also shows how to find all the LocalDB named instances.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] I'll be working…with a SQL Server LocalDB utility.…Here is where to find it on your computer.…Start by looking in the C drive in your Program File folder,…and then navigate to the Microsoft SQL Server folder.…Here you can see all the versions of SQL Server…installed on your computer.…Your folders may be different from what I have…on my computer.…It depends on what editions of Visual Studio…and SQL Server you've installed.…Start by looking at the bottom folder, 130.…This represents the newest version of SQL Server…at the time I recorded this video,…which is SQL Server 2016.…
I wanna look in this LocalDB folder,…and then in the Binn folder.…I'm looking for this file,…sqlservr.exe.…This is the runtime exe for SQL Server.…When you run your database,…and it gets hosted inside SQL Server,…it's gonna be this executable that's running…on the computer.…Look at the Details on the Properties,…you can see that this is version 13.…So the way you think of this mapping…is version 13 is also SQL Server 2016.…
I happen to have multiple copies…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.