Join Bill Ayers for an in-depth discussion in this video Design toolkit, part of Microsoft Office Add-Ins for Developers.
- [Narrator] A useful tool to help with designing…your add-in user interface and user experience,…is the Office add-ins Design Toolkit,…which is an Adobe XD document.…Don't worry if you don't have Adobe XD, it's free.…Go to adobe.com and then Creativity & Design,…and we want to go there to XD.…Second column, and there's a button here to download XD.…
And that will start the installation process.…It's a fairly aggressive install,…but I've had it on my laptop a while…without too many ill effects.…Let's see it in action.…I've already downloaded the Design Toolkit here…in our add-ins directory.…So here it is, add-ins toolkit.…So when you follow that link on the slide…you get a zip file which you open,…and then inside here there's an XD file,…addins_toolkit.xd…and if I open that…or double-click on it,…it will open it in Adobe XD.…
And we see lots of tiny UI elements on a single canvas.…That's what they mean by design toolkit.…So the idea is you can zoom in on the bits…you're interested in,…and I can use my control scroll wheel to do that,…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
Office 365: Administration (2017)with David Elfassy2h 49m Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.