Microsoft has used Adobe XD to provide a design toolkit to help with the UX design of your Add-in. In this video we'll see how we can get Adobe XD and use it to build better Add-in designs.
- [Instructor] Microsoft have put together…some design guidelines that can be helpful…to make sure your add-in looks…and behaves in a way that's consistent…with the Office application host.…They can be summarized by considering…a number of principles.…First of all, we want to design explicitly for Office,…so we want to compliment the Office experience…and not simply take a website…or an existing application, then try to run it…squeezed inside the task pane, for example.…We want to focus on a few key tasks and then do those well.…
It can be tempting to keep adding features…or give a single add-in multiple jobs,…where it would be better to have multiple add-ins.…It's a good idea to try to focus on common use cases…rather than build something that's all singing…or dancing that in reality, is gonna be difficult to use.…We're trying to help users get their work done,…not show how great we are at building software.…We should favor content over chrome,…so chrome in the sense of the user…interface that surrounds the content.…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.