Deploy and debug an add-in from Visual Studio.
- [Instructor] We're still using the default…PowerPoint content add-in project.…Let's see what happens when we try to run it.…I'm going to click on start or I could use F5.…PowerPoint starts up with a blank document…and the content add-in already loaded.…Visual Studio is using IIS Express to serve that website…and then starting up PowerPoint and sideloading the add-in.…You may get a certificate warning the first time you do this…which you can just click through.…
The add-in can be moved, resized, et cetera,…just like any content in the PowerPoint slide.…We can now add some content to the slide.…I'm going to select it and then if I click…on the get data from selection button in the add-in,…it will show up in that notification area.…This isn't a very exciting example,…but we can use it to see how we can use Visual Studio…to debug the add-in.…
Let's put a breakpoint into the code.…I'm going to go back to Visual Studio.…Go to Solution Explorer…and open home js…and then we'll add a breakpoint…inside the get data from selection function…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.