Once the extension is ready it is time to deploy it to other developers. This tutorial looks how to upload the VSIX file to the public Visual Studio gallery website. Also learn how to configure the extension features, add metadata and marketing text to the gallery site.
- [Voiceover] I'll upload my extension…to the public Visual Studio gallery.…To do that, I navigate to this website,…visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com,…and I login with my MSDN account.…Then, today, I would click on this upload button.…Now, Microsoft changes this webpage from time to time…every couple of months, so it may look different…when you're on this page than when I recorded it.…And I'll guarantee it'll look different very soon,…because there's this new Visual Studio Marketplace coming.…Anyway, what I'll do today is click on the upload button.…
Here, I specify what type of extension I'm uploading;…it's a tool.…I specify whether I would like to upload the tool…or provide just the hyperlink.…I'll upload.…That means I have to choose a file.…I'll choose the vsix file on my desktop.…And then I click next.…This red error text tells me that I've already used…this vsix ID on the site.…In other words, the unique identifier for my extension…is already been put in their database.…
Don't worry, though.…I can show you the same screen you would've seen,…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.