Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Debug tablet apps with simulators, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 06 Debug and Troubleshoot Code.
- There's nothing better than testing your app…on real Windows tablets.…But let's face reality, you may not be ready…to spend money for a tablet computer yet.…Don't worry, Visual Studio includes a tablet simulator…that lets you try out your application…on a virtual rendition of the real hardware.…When you install Visual Studio with the Windows 10…universal apps options selected,…it adds a set of mobile emulators…and tablet simulators to your computer.…These are available as deploy and debug locations…when working in universal app projects.…
Be aware, if you didn't install the universal app options…during the Visual Studio install,…you won't be able to follow along with this demonstration.…I'm using the code in this project SimTest.…It's a universal Windows application…that has a real simple UI.…It's here in this MainPage.xaml.…It consists of a couple of labels at the top of the screen,…where I'll show the current layout position,…whether I'm in landscape mode…or in portrait mode.…Then I have two images, the left image I'll be able to size…
- Understanding the debugging vocabulary
- Understanding the defect categories
- Stepping through code
- Working with DataTips and visualizers
- Traversing the call stack
- Attaching debuggers to running processes
- Using the Just-in-Time debugger
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Run to Click and Exception Helper in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. The Philosophy of Debugging and Troubleshooting Code
Understand defect categories8m 19s
2. Use the Debug Tools in Visual Studio
3. Debugging Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.