This tutorial show how to debug and test a custom extension in the Visual Studio Experimental Instance.
- Now it's time to debug the application.…I'll choose debug, start debugging.…My first test is to verify that my command…was added to the tools menu.…There it is.…So, it's at the top of the menu,…in a separate group.…You see, it's got its own little…separate group here.…The icon that was specified is shown…over in the menu border.…It's got the correct text on it,…and when I click on it,…it pops up the message box…with my custom message.…
The name of my command,…and that special text that was…inside that callback method.…To really debug the application,…I need to put a break point over…in the original copy of Visual Studio,…so switch back to this copy of Visual Studio,…open up the Solution Explorer,…and open up this MessageCommand.cs file.…This is the code that is called when…I click on that menu item.…I'll put a break point in here,…and then switch back to the second…instance of Visual Studio,…and run that command again,…and just like you'd expect,…it hits my break point,…switches me back to Visual Studio,…and hits my break point.…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.