Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Debug console apps, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 06 Debug and Troubleshoot Code.
- Console applications are in the toolbox…of most system admins and command line enthusiasts.…They work great in batch files and IT scripts.…In this video, I'll show you some of the bug tips…for working with console applications.…Before I do, let's look at a couple of console applications…available in the Windows command shell.…I'll bring up my Start menu and then type in cmd.…I'll use this command prompt.…Start by looking at this application, the powercfg.…
When I type in the name of the…console application and press enter,…nothing happens except an error message.…The author of this application says that…they need extra information in order to run the application.…They're telling me that I can type in powercfg,…I'll hit the up arrow and type in /?…and get a list of parameters.…The way the parameters work in this application…is use a / and then the name of the parameter.…So let's try one.…Up arrow again.…
I'll use the list parameter.…This gives me a list…of the power configurations that are available…on my desktop computer.…
- Understanding the debugging vocabulary
- Understanding the defect categories
- Stepping through code
- Working with DataTips and visualizers
- Traversing the call stack
- Attaching debuggers to running processes
- Using the Just-in-Time debugger
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Run to Click and Exception Helper in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. The Philosophy of Debugging and Troubleshooting Code
Understand defect categories8m 19s
2. Use the Debug Tools in Visual Studio
3. Debugging Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.