Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Debug Windows applications, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 06 Debug and Troubleshoot Code.
- The .NET developer has two choices…for building stand-alone desktop applications.…The time-tested Windows Forms API…is a popular choice, but it is outdated…and is surpassed by newer technologies.…Then there is the Windows Presentation Foundation,…a modern Direct X-based UI system…that is the perfect choice for building…powerful desktop applications…or the front end for your next Tool or Test harness,…Both systems are based on the concept of a Windows-based UI…a control-based system for defining application UI,…and an event-driven model,…where code runs when certain events are triggered…by the user or by the computer system.…
In this video, I'll show you a few tips that help you…de-bug event-driven systems.…To do that, I'll use several projects.…I have the PixelSmith project which is a C# WPF application.…I have the PixelSmith_WinForm application,…which is a C# Windows Forms application.…and finally, I have a Windows Forms application…down here written in Visual Basic.…I'll start with this PixelSmith app,…it's already my StartUp project,…
- Understanding the debugging vocabulary
- Understanding the defect categories
- Stepping through code
- Working with DataTips and visualizers
- Traversing the call stack
- Attaching debuggers to running processes
- Using the Just-in-Time debugger
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Run to Click and Exception Helper in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. The Philosophy of Debugging and Troubleshooting Code
Understand defect categories8m 19s
2. Use the Debug Tools in Visual Studio
3. Debugging Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.