Learn how to customize the code editor typefaces to enhance readability while you work in Visual Studio 2015. Find out how to change the colorization of text and code tokens to help code syntax stand out. Walt demonstrates these and other settings that help you customize your work environment and make you more productive.
- What developer doesn't want absolute control…over their coding editor?…Perhaps you prefer a dark background…and neon-blue text for your code.…One way to indulge your inner artist…is by configuring the Visual Studio Fonts and Colors options…to your own custom palette.…Before I show you how to customize…the individual code settings,…let's look at the general color themes available…to Visual Studio users.…To do that, I'll go to the Tools options menu.…Then open this Environment and General section.…
I'm using the default color theme of Blue.…There is a growing movement among developers…to use a dark background in the editor.…If you like this idea, choose the Dark theme.…After a few seconds, Visual Studio changes…to the Dark theme.…As you can see, it's quite dark.…At the Toolbar level, in the Solution Explorer,…and also in the Code Editor.…So let me show you.…Some developers prefer a lighter screen.…
If you are in this camp, choose the Light theme.…Personally, I think this is a little bit too bright,…and I'm not a fan of dark color themes,…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.