Learn how to create a project, alter the main file generated by Visual Studi, and how to compile and run the program.
- [Narrator] Whenever I'm teaching software development,…I usually try to get you to a place…where you've written a little bit of code…and you've seen it compiled and run…and I try to do that as early as is feasible.…Now that you've installed Visual Studio for Mac,…let's follow an age-old ritual…dating back to Carrington and Richie's…seminal programming text on the C language.…Let's make a Hello World app.…In your IDE click New Project.…You can see we have the ability to choose…from a myriad of project types.…
I'm going to select dot net core…and select a console application…and then I'll click next.…A console app is the perfect starting point…since it doesn't have the overhead…of learning to develop a user interface.…Instead a console app runs in the terminal.…The first thing we'll do is give our project a name.…I'm going to call mine Hello World.…And you'll notice that it also…fills it into the solution name.…Now most of the time you're not going to want that…and when we create our first real project…we will change the solution name.…
AuthorBruce Van Horn
- Exploring C# on a Mac
- Creating a reusable code library
- Classes and properties
- Loops, arrays, and lists
- Creating a console app
- Creating a command-line app
- Creating a Mac desktop app
- Creating a UI with view controllers and actions
Skill Level Beginner
New Features Xamarin and Visual Studio 2017with Kevin Ford1h 44m Intermediate
Docker for .NET Developers with Visual Studiowith Lee Brandt46m 52s Intermediate
1. C# on the Mac?
2. Getting Started with C#
3. Deeper into C#
4. Creating a Mac App
Next steps3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.