Create a class in Visual Studio for Mac.
- [Instructor] Our solution and project have been created…and we deleted the default class that Visual Studio…generated for us, because, frankly,…a class called Class One isn't all that useful.…And it's actually a little bit of work to rename a class.…You have to change the file name…and the class name.…Frankly, it's easier to just delete it and start over.…So that's where we are here.…We've deleted the Class One file…and now we're going to add a new class.…If you go up to character library,…and right-click it,…you can select add, new file,…and you'll get the new file dialogue.…
You can see there are quite a few…different kinds of files that I can make,…ranging from ones you would easily expect…like classes, enumerations, interfaces, structs.…There are also web files here,…because you can actually use Visual Studio for Mac…to work on web projects.…There's a set here for XML.…There's even a set here for Unity,…if you're into game development.…And if you are, please check out my course…on Network Gaming with Unity.…
AuthorBruce Van Horn
- Exploring C# on a Mac
- Creating a reusable code library
- Classes and properties
- Loops, arrays, and lists
- Creating a console app
- Creating a command-line app
- Creating a Mac desktop app
- Creating a UI with view controllers and actions
Skill Level Beginner
New Features Xamarin and Visual Studio 2017with Kevin Ford1h 44m Intermediate
Docker for .NET Developers with Visual Studiowith Lee Brandt46m 52s Intermediate
1. C# on the Mac?
2. Getting Started with C#
3. Deeper into C#
4. Creating a Mac App
Next steps3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.