Learn how to build a UI with UI Builder in this video.
- [Instructor] Now we've seen what all these files are for,…I'm going to go ahead and close them.…And actually it's a little faster if I right click…a tab and select Close All Files.…The whole point of this project is to create…a graphical user interface that accesses…our Character class in our Character library.…In order to pull this off,…we need to edit the storyboard file.…A storyboard is roughly analogous to a windows-form.…It contains the definitions for…the menus that appear in the window and the window itself.…
Visual Studio by itself doesn't have…the ability to edit the storyboard file.…Instead, what you do is you double click it…and this launches XCode.…So I'll double click, and after a minute or so,…XCode's interface builder tool will open.…This application is fairly complicated,…so let me give you a quick tour.…Just like in Visual Studio,…you have a project hierarchy over here on the left side.…Next to that, you have a hierarchal view…of your overall project.…
Next to that is the design window…where you're actually going to design the user interface.…
AuthorBruce Van Horn
- Exploring C# on a Mac
- Creating a reusable code library
- Classes and properties
- Loops, arrays, and lists
- Creating a console app
- Creating a command-line app
- Creating a Mac desktop app
- Creating a UI with view controllers and actions
Skill Level Beginner
New Features Xamarin and Visual Studio 2017with Kevin Ford1h 44m Intermediate
Docker for .NET Developers with Visual Studiowith Lee Brandt46m 52s Intermediate
1. C# on the Mac?
2. Getting Started with C#
3. Deeper into C#
4. Creating a Mac App
Next steps3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.