See how to create a WPF desktop application project in Visual Studio.
- [Instructor] It's time to create…our project for this chapter.…It's a C# application.…It's going to use this project type, WPF Application.…I'll put it in my Exercise Files folder,…and then I'll create a subfolder called 02_Create,…and then the name of this application is TailorMadeTours.…I'll also give it a solution name with the same name…as the project, and I'll have it create a directory…for my solution, and I'm not going to be using…any source control, so I'll leave this unchecked.…
Click on the OK button,…and after about three seconds on my computer,…I see my solution and my project.…
- Recognize the pluses of choosing Windows Presentation Foundations over other Microsoft UI frameworks.
- Evaluate the different options available with Windows Presentation Foundation project types.
- Devise a Windows Presentation Foundation project in Visual Studio.
- Break down the assemblies and parts of Windows Presentation Foundations.
- Use XAML editor and editor settings.
- Selecting data binding to present data.
- Compiling interaction code for an application.
- Use control templates, 3D parts, and effects in Windows Presentation Foundations.
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Create a WPF Application
3. Create the UI
4. Examples and Concepts
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.