It's good to look at a more realistic sample of building an Add-in that goes beyond the templates from Visual Studio or the Yeoman generator. In this video we'll look at a sample of creating a specialist dictionary application.
- [Instructor] Lets apply all this by looking…at a sample of creating a specialist dictionary glossary,…so this will look something like a real application.…Well, first of all, let's create a new project…with the Yeoman generator.…So, I'm back here in PowerShell…and I'm in the Addins directory.…I'm going to run yo office, usual thing.…
I'm going to create an Office Add-in project using React.…We'll call it something sensible this time.…We'll say Glossary.…It's gonna be for Word.…And now I can go down into my Glossary subdirectory.…I'm gonna start up Visual Studio Code.…And we could look at our code and we've got the…index tx component…and then the app.tsx component…inside the components directory.…
So we already have the office-ui-fabric components included…because we can see them up here.…The libraries are loaded.…The import is there for some of the controller we want.…We'll probably want to add a few more.…So here's how the glossary's going to work.…We'll select some text in a document…and the add-in will analyze the text…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
Office 365: Administration (2017)with David Elfassy2h 49m Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.