This tutorial looks at the custom CodeEcho extension. It explores how to at a custom WPF UI to your extension, show the UI in the Visual Studio Adorner layer and gather code statistics from the open code editor window.
- [Voiceover] For the final example in the chapter,…I thought I'd share an extension that shows co-statistics…on a floating WPF plane.…The project is called CodeEcho and I have it open…in my main instance of Visual Studio.…And I also have it running inside the experimental instance.…The first thing I need to do is open a project.…I'll open the one in my chapter folder named…Sample Projects, and then I'll open this solution file.…The way this extension works is it determines…whether you have a code editor open, and if you do,…then it superimposes this WPF user control over the window.…
Here's what I mean, I'll open up this…AlignAssignments.cs file.…And you see in the upper right hand corner…of the code editor, is this floating WPF user control.…It has some text, and it's telling me information…about what is inside this code file.…So it's telling me the language is CSharp,…the total number of code lines is 25,…the number of comments is zero,…the number of blank lines is five,…and this is how many lines are using the var keyword.…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.