See how to create a SQL Server Data project and explore the settings screen to learn what settings are available for a new project.
- [Voiceover] Creating a SQL Server data project…is very similar to the way you create…any other project in Visual Studio.…Go to the New > Project dialog,…then we'll look through the list…of available templates, and we'll look…in this SQL Server node.…Notice it's not affiliated with…one of the traditional programming languages.…It's not C#, Visual Basic,…C++, or F#; it's SQL Server.…That's because the code in this project…is none of those languages; it's T SQL.…I'll name my project TailorMadeTours,…and I'll name the solution the same name.…
Make sure it creates a directory for the solution,…and you can decide where you want to put it…on your computer, I'm putting it…in my Exercise Files folder,…in a sub-folder called Data Project.…This is what it looks like in Solution Explorer.…There's not much here.…There's a solution, there's a project,…there's an empty reference node,…and there's a properties section.…I'll open up the properties section…to show you that this is dedicated to SQL Server.…Look at this top item here, Project Settings.…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/23/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: installing the SSDT features and why LocalDB is essential for developers.
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.