Learn how to create add-ins for Office applications using Visual Studio 2017.
- [Instructor] In the last module,…we introduced web Add-ins for Microsoft Office.…There are a number of tools available…for Add-in development.…We saw a tool called Script Lab.…Script Lab is great for trying out an idea,…doing a bit of prototyping, or just learning…what Add-ins can do.…I should mention that there used to be an online tool…called Napa and you might see that mentioned…in some older blogs and training materials,…but it's been retired.…But Script Lab isn't the only tool…we can use to build Add-ins.…
When it comes to serious development,…we want to use a proper development tool,…particularly where we want to make something…that we can test and deploy.…The premier tool for building Add-ins is Visual Studio,…and the support is very good.…We're going to look at how to build Add-ins…with Visual Studio in this module,…and later, we'll look at some of the open source…web tooling that is another option,…especially if you're not already a regular user…of Visual Studio.…On my machine, I just have Visual Studio 2017…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
Office 365: Administration (2017)with David Elfassy2h 49m Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.