Learn how to define a field as read-only by only specifying a getter.
- [Instructor] Not every properly constructed…property needs to have a backing variable.…Sometimes, you want to return a result…based on a computation.…Let me show you what I mean.…I'm going to scroll down to the bottom…of my character class,…and I'm going to add…a new property in here.…The property is going to be level,…and that determines what…the character's level is.…Now in the game, the level determines…what you can do,…so a level one fighter,…or a level one magic user,…or a level one cleric;…they can't do very much,…they can only do really basic spells.…
But as you progress through the game,…you get experience points…based on what you do.…So if you kill a dragon,…you get a lot of experience points.…If you do something small or simple,…you might get a few.…But you're always trying to build up…your character and level up.…And the more you level up,…the more fun you're going to have…because you're going to get…to really cool spells,…really cool armor; things like that,…that much faster.…Now, in Dungeons and Dragons,…the formula for determining…
AuthorBruce Van Horn
- Exploring C# on a Mac
- Creating a reusable code library
- Classes and properties
- Loops, arrays, and lists
- Creating a console app
- Creating a command-line app
- Creating a Mac desktop app
- Creating a UI with view controllers and actions
Skill Level Beginner
Docker for .NET Developers with Visual Studiowith Lee Brandt46m 52s Intermediate
1. C# on the Mac?
2. Getting Started with C#
3. Deeper into C#
4. Creating a Mac App
Next steps3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.