The IntelliSense Completion list can get unwieldy in large projects. This video shows how to use the icon tray attached to the Completion list to filter the list by types, structs, namespaces, events, methods, or properties.
- [Instructor] When you're working in code…in Visual Studio, you have this helper called Intellisense.…It's actually a group of items that are lumped together…under this umbrella term, and the one I want to look…at today is called the Completion list,…or sometimes it's called the Autocompletion list,…and that's the dropdown list of suggestions…you get as you're typing,…and it's context aware, so it knows what language…you're in, and what part of your code you're in,…so if I'm inside a method like this…and I type in Va,…I'll get Var and a lot of others items…that have the letters Va in it,…but Var is one of the key words in c sharp.…
If I'm outside of this method, I'm going to type in va,…I'm not going to get Var because there's no key words…that I can use at this level of code…that have the letters Va in there.…And if I'm at the end of the line,…like here I want to say new,…and I hit the space bar,…and you see Book there,…you won't see Var here either,…because it doesn't make sense at this point.…So that's the intelligent part…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.