This videos looks at Installer "workloads" to install to prepare for this course.
- [Instructor] I'm back on this installing screen. Let's take a look at some of the features of this. At the very top you can see which version of Visual Studio we're installing. This is the Enterprise edition. The RC or release candidate. There are three tabs across the top. I'll talk about those tabs later in the course. Right now we're just looking at the workloads. And if I don't do anything else, and I just click on install, I'll just install the basic Visual Studio core editor. If you're following along with the course, you're going to want to install some of the other components. Universal Windows App Platform, and .NET desktop development environment.
In this course I'm not looking at any of the C++ features so I won't check any of those. I do need ASP.NET, Azure, Data storage, Node.js, Office, I'll do some mobile development. And then I'll do game development with Unity, I'll install that. Also choose .NET Core cross-platform development. At this point, you can look over here to see how much hard drive space it'll take.
I'm at 43.52 gigabytes. This is in the default location for the install. Next you want to click on the install button, and that'll take you back to the products page, and you'll get a progress bar here that's showing the acquiring is actually downloading these resources, and then as those resources are being downloaded, they're also being installed. You can see the install process here in the applying section. If you just change your mind, and you decide you don't want to continue the installation, you can click on the cancel button.
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.