Server Explorer and SQL Server Object Explorer are similar in many ways. This video demonstrates how they use the same windows for working with data entities, and explains why the rest of the demonstrations in the course use SQL Server Object Explorer.
- [Voiceover] In Server Explorer I can work…with the information from tables.…You've seen this in the other video…if you watched it.…Like I can go to this table here, Testimonials,…right-click on it and choose Show Table Data.…It also turns out that I can do the same…task using SQL Server Object Explorer.…When I open SQL Server Object Explorer…I see different databases including…the one that I currently have open in Server Explorer.…It's this one here.…I can go to this item and choose DBO.Testimonials…and right-click on this and choose View Data.…
Keep your eye up here in this tab.…You see what happened?…It switched me over to that tab.…So what's happening here is both Server Explorer…and SQL Server Object Explorer use…the same editor window to show me the data,…let me modify the data, and let me add new rows.…It's the same one I work with changing…the table structure.…If I right-click on this table over here…and choose Open Table Definition…I see a scream where I can read information…about the keys and constraints that are…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/23/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: installing the SSDT features and why LocalDB is essential for developers.
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.