Learn how the deployment of Add-ins can be managed in the enterprise for Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- [Instructor] Centralized deployment…allows you to manage the deployment of add-ins…throughout an organization.…And this is available for Excel, Word, Powerpoint,…and Outlook.…It allows you to centrally deploy add-ins…to individual users,…to groups, or to the entire organization…from the Office 365 admin center.…Centralized deployment supports both AppSource…and Office Store add-ins…as well as custom add-ins that have been developed in-house.…Centralized deployment is off by default.…
You can control the visibility of the add-ins…or you can enable them for everyone in the organization…or choose to let end users…decide whether to enable them or not.…There are some relatively new PowerShell cmdlets…for centralized deployment management,…such as New-OrganizationAddIn, etc.…As an administrator, you can manage the deployment…using either the Office 365 admin center…or with PowerShell.…Currently, there's no telemetry for administrators…to see data about add-in deployments and usage,…but at the time of recording, it's on the roadmap.…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.