User controls provide to build reusable composite UI. They are often used to refactor UI parts into separate components. This video shows how to add custom user controls to the project.
- [Instructor] As you start building your user interface…in your application, it'll get larger over time.…One thing you don't want to do is put all your UI…in a single file this modelithic main window.…You want to split it into parts.…There's a couple of approaches we could take.…One, instead of having these tabs like I have here,…I could have a single UI, the main window.…Then, I could create three separate windows:…a detail window, a weekly calendar window,…and a tour stops window.…Then, I could have some sort of navigation codes…that when you open up the main window and click on a button…or menu item, I would move over to the other windows.…
That works, but it's a bit awkward.…It's also hard to pass state between windows.…In WPF, there's some alternate approaches.…One approach is to to use what's called a page.…The other approach is to use a user control.…They're similar basically because they allow you…to build a composite UI in a page.…Then, you can use a navigation scheme…and something called a frame to move between pages.…
- Recognize the pluses of choosing Windows Presentation Foundations over other Microsoft UI frameworks.
- Evaluate the different options available with Windows Presentation Foundation project types.
- Devise a Windows Presentation Foundation project in Visual Studio.
- Break down the assemblies and parts of Windows Presentation Foundations.
- Use XAML editor and editor settings.
- Selecting data binding to present data.
- Compiling interaction code for an application.
- Use control templates, 3D parts, and effects in Windows Presentation Foundations.
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Visual Studio Team Serviceswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
2. Create a WPF Application
3. Create the UI
4. Examples and Concepts
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.