Microsoft Azure is Microsoft's public cloud computing platform. It provides a range of cloud services including several data storage options. This video examines the data specific parts of Azure, from Azure SQL Database to DocumentDB.
- [Voiceover] Microsoft Azure is…Microsoft's public cloud computing platform.…It provides a range of cloud services,…including several data storage options.…In this video, I'll explore some of these services.…To do that, I go to the Azure portal…here at portal.azure.com, and I log in with my account.…Next I'll click on the New button.…This is where you add a new Azure service.…There are two sections that are data-specific,…Data + Storage, that's the area I'm interested in.…There's also this section here, Data + Analytics.…
There's a lot of great tools in that area,…but it's not the focus of this video.…Now I'll click on Data + Storage.…This first screen shows the Featured Data Apps.…These are the popular services…or the ones that Microsoft wants to showcase.…To see all of the services, click on the See All link.…Now you can see that I've selected Data + Storage…in this area, something called the Marketplace,…and then over here, I can see a variety of different items…and I can also search through the items available here.…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/23/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: installing the SSDT features and why LocalDB is essential for developers.
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.