This video looks at the new search feature added to the Run To Process dialog.
- [Instructor] In this video I'll look at a new feature…that's in this dialogue, the "Attach to Process" dialogue.…Before showing you the feature,…let's talk about the project.…So I have this project called "DemoAttach",…this'll be the name of the assembly I'll be attaching to.…And then I have a breakpoint over here in my event handler.…I'll put a break point here on line 15.…I want to run the application,…but I don't want to attach the debugger.…One way you can do that is to right click…on the project, go open the folder in file explorer,…find the executable and run it.…
You'll see right now when I click on it,…the code runs it's not hitting my breakpoint.…Now let's return back to Visual Studio…and open that dialogue.…This dialogue has been in Visual Studio for a long time,…its new improvement that Microsoft has made…is here, this "Filter Process".…This allows me to filter down this list…of all the running processes…and look for a keyword, for instance I can see Excel,…or in my case I'm looking for "demo".…
There's my application,…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.