The Manifest Designer now has the capability for generating visual assets for your UWP apps. Learn how to provide a single-source image to create tiles, logos, icons, and splash screens at any or all scales to fit every type of device your app targets.
- [Instructor] When you are ready to submit your…universal Windows application to the store,…you have to ensure that you have the correct…visual assets available.…Otherwise it will not be accepted in the store.…You can learn more about these visual assets in the…package.appmanifest file,…over here in the Visual Assets.…These are all of the items you need to have:…Small Tile, Medium Tile, Wide Tile, and all these others.…And not only do you need to have the Large Tile,…you also need to have different scaled versions of that.…
See, I've got a couple of images already,…but I'm missing the Scale 400 version, and the Scale 150…version, and the Scale 125.…And there's certain file requirements.…They need to be 388 by 388 pixel for this one.…And if you make a picture that's not the right size,…you'll get an error when you try to add it to the project.…The good news is, in Visual Studio 2017, we've got…a tool to generate these images now,…as long as you have a decent source image.…So let's share you what I mean.…I'll go to a Large Tile, scroll up to the top,…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.