Learn how to add a new field to the UI, expose it with an outlet, then populate it in C#.
- [Instructor] With our first test iteration out of the way,…it's time to make some refinements.…When I ran in the last video,…I noticed that I had actually forgotten…to put the character's name here at the top.…I feel like a first grader…who's forgotten to put his or her name…at the top of the paper.…That feels bad to me, so let's go ahead and fix this.…I'm going to do what I did before.…I'm just going to take these top two values…and I'm going to duplicate them with Command + D.…And I'll just move these up…and then I'll change the text here in the label…to Character Name.…
Now I need to move that around a little bit…to make it look a little bit better,…so let me slide this over a little bit.…Pro tip, if you're doing this on a Mac,…you really want a nice big monitor.…I recommend a widescreen or a 4K.…They're both good investments.…All right, this is looking a little cockeyed,…so let's move things down a little bit.…Once I've got this looking the way I'd like it to look,…I just need to Control + Click…and drag that little line over again…
AuthorBruce Van Horn
- Exploring C# on a Mac
- Creating a reusable code library
- Classes and properties
- Loops, arrays, and lists
- Creating a console app
- Creating a command-line app
- Creating a Mac desktop app
- Creating a UI with view controllers and actions
Skill Level Beginner
New Features Xamarin and Visual Studio 2017with Kevin Ford1h 44m Intermediate
Docker for .NET Developers with Visual Studiowith Lee Brandt46m 52s Intermediate
1. C# on the Mac?
2. Getting Started with C#
3. Deeper into C#
4. Creating a Mac App
Next steps3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.