Explore the structure of the Office Add-inS solution, website and manifest projects, manifest editor, and XML file structure of the manifest file.
- [Instructor] Once we have Visual Studio set up…with the Office SharePoint extension,…you'll see some extra project types.…If I go to File, New Project,…and I'll look under C#, and you're using Visual Basic,…you'll be looking under the Visual Basic section,…and there's a new section here called Office Sharepoint,…and if we open that,…we can see have a few sub categories.…VSTO add-ins that's old school,…and then add-ins Is where we want to be…where we see the new add-in projects and we can choose…between Excel, Word, Outlook, or PowerPoint.…
And there's also a section for SharePoint add-ins…which is something else entirely.…So let's choose PowerPoint,…and I like to, for this kind of test project or demo,…it's quite nice to just use the default name…'cause it's really obvious when you're coming to…clear up your disc drive that it's not something important,…note rather than give it a proper file name.…When I click OK,…I get an option of what type of add-in,…the first is the task pane add-in,…and the next option is the content add-in.…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
Office 365: Administration (2017)with David Elfassy2h 49m Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.