There are many types of items that can be added to a SQL Server Data project. This tutorial explores the big list of available items. The you see how to add a table and store procedure to the project.
- [Voiceover] I have this new project.…I need to start adding some database items to the project.…One of the most obvious things I need to add…is a table, but there are a lot of other choices.…I'll show you what I mean.…I'll right-click and choose Add.…In the bottom of this context menu…are the most common items you would add,…like a Table or a View, or a Stored Procedure.…There are many more choices however.…Let's look in New Item.…These are all of the items you can add…to a database project.…There is Tables and Views, there's a Table,…and you might be surprised to see…there are more than one kind of table here.…
There is different types,…again I won't go into detail,…but there's one called Table Memory Optimized,…and Temporal Table.…If we go look at this node here,…you can see items for programming…against the database, so there's something…called the Database Trigger in here,…Stored Procedure, there's something in here…called a Sequence.…If you want to program in SQL Server,…you can also program using little…code snippets in C#, that's in this area,…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/23/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: installing the SSDT features and why LocalDB is essential for developers.
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.